7528Re: I knew there was a reason I like Harry Potter, Star Wars, and The Matrix

    Apr 19, 2003
      --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, incognito_lightbringer
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > The RC's are at it again, misunderstanding gnosticism and their own
      > religion as well.
      >
      > quote:
      >
      > "For this reason, defeating Gnosticism has become an essential task
      > of the New Evangelization."
      >
      > http://www.ncregister.com/Register_News/040603gnostic1.htm

      Same ole, same ole, eh? Not much changed in the last many hundreds
      of years except perhaps the specific targets. This author seems to
      perceive a possessive "struggle" for worldly control. I wonder if he
      checked with anyone else first to see if they were interested in such
      a battle. :-)

      He sets up the stage of fear right from the beginning. Some of his
      comments on Gnosticism: "An eerie word"; "foggy"; "dangerous
      enemy." Well, I guess something "eerie" and "foggy" has just gotta
      be dangerous. What am I thinking? ;->

      > The author left his email address at the end of the article, if you
      > want to debate this with him. I'm almost tempted to invite him into
      > this forum...
      >
      > (Raelians?!?! WTF, he's comparing gnostics to Raelians?)

      Heh, yeah, such drivel. Well, I figure anything and anybody that
      offers a dissenting opinion on Catholic Bible interpretation would be
      fair game to add to the pot for a zealot who is determined to
      eradicate the Gnostic "enemy."

      BTW, with the new _Matrix_ sequels coming out this year, here's a
      recent article in the _Boston Globe_:

      http://www.boston.com/dailyglobe2/100/living/Of_a_mind_over_The_Matrix
      _+.shtml