7501Re: Investigation: The Alpha and the Omege = (Adam and Eve)

  • Steve Wenninger
    Apr 8, 2003
      --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "blackfire_al"
      <blackfire_al@y...> wrote:
      > > This also is reminiscent of the myth of Adam Kadmon in the
      > > Lurianic Kabbalah. However, in the system of Isaac Luria, the
      > reason
      > > for the shattering of the primal unity was that the "vessel"
      could
      > > not contain the Light that was poured into it by God. -Steve
      >
      > Okay, just some questions. Where did this "vessel" come from?
      Who
      > created it? The same 'God' that over-filled it thereby breaking
      it?
      > Doesn't this put some onus or culpability upon this self-same God
      as
      > to what became a tragic accident? And isn't there this tendencey
      > to "blame the victim"; God can't be wrong so it must be us, we are
      > guilty, we are evil, we have original sin yadda yadda. Sorry, felt
      > like playing devil's advocate. (watching nervously over-head for
      > lightening bolts)
      >
      > Blackfire

      Dear Blackfire; I'm afraid I can't answer for Isaac Luria. You will
      have to find his reincarnation and ask that person. [lol] However,
      if you want my opinion, I think that God is playing hide-and-seek
      with Him/Herself, and that polar contrariety is part of the rules of
      the game. Peace, Steve
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic