7474Re: Nag Hammadi codexes

    Apr 6, 2003
      > Just to clarify, I agree with your point about the role of faith in
      > Gnosticism, Pistis is ahead of Sophia in the title after all. Also
      > have enjoyed your posts, and learned from them. I guess I'm an old
      > jaded gnostic, as nothing in this thread has upset me, only
      > enlightened me as different points of view were put forth. It is,
      > course, the best form to leave out personal references, but
      > cultivating a thick skin helps as it will happen. :-)
      > Regards
      > --
      > Mike Leavitt ac998@l...

      Mike, I have one question for you as well (just to see if we've all
      been on the same page all along). Since this relates to a matter of
      a personal nature, you may choose to treat it as a rhetorical
      question, but I'll ask nonetheless:

      Realizing that you preside over a Gnostic church, I'm curious why you
      made that choice, rather than . . . say . . . a Methodist church?

      I'm hoping you won't tell me something like, "It's a shorter
      commute," although I wouldn't put it past you. LOL In spite of the
      dangers of "assuming" anything, I'd wager that there was "something"
      about the Gnostic viewpoint that resonated differently for you than
      within the mainstream.

      Again, this is the gist of the case I've tried to present here——that
      there IS a difference, otherwise, none of us would be at a Gnostic
      site, there would be no Gnosticism category, and any of us of a
      religious persuasion would be attending the VERY SAME Church since
      such terms as heterodox and orthodox have been defenestrated for
      utter lack of interest.

    • Show all 28 messages in this topic