7453Re: Nag Hammadi codexes

    Apr 4 6:11 AM

      > Quite so, Mike! :-)
      >
      > Considering to whom Gerry was writing, I think it's possible he had
      > Roman Catholicism in mind, a religion well known to Incognita, and
      > perhaps he had no intention of offering this as a technical
      > definition, but one to which Incognita could relate. He might have
      > been oversimplifying to show conceptual differences between Gnostic
      > and mainstream usage of terms. Just a guess.
      >
      > Cari

      A VERY good guess, I might add, but it was a strategy that
      nonetheless backfired. Given that the thread had already dragged on
      to inordinate length, and probably shouldn't have needed
      clarification at a Gnostic site in the first place, I really
      shouldn't be surprised that my comments should be even further
      misinterpreted.

      Perhaps next time I'll use even more sarcasm than I did to better
      demonstrate that such a contrast is NOT a technical definition . . .
      but I figured I had worn out my "bloody savior" motif already. It
      would seem that whether my posts are too dry, or super saturated,
      there's no pleasing everyone.