7426[Gnosticism2] Re: Nag Hammadi codexes

  • pessy@chez.com
    Apr 3, 2003
      ernststrohregenmantelrad writes:
      > For "sin" if you say we are born with it it means you implied the
      > "original sin" which didn't come into exsitance until Augestine of
      > Hippo.

      The original sin is a vulgarised version of the Gnosticistic topic
      of the fall of the soul into matter.
      Augustinus plaggiated it from Manicheus.
      Long before the Manicheans it was Julius Cassianus
      according to the Stromata of Clem. Al. who knew that
      in paradise man existed not in the flesh,
      but psychically or noetically.
      By the affinity to the matter the soul becomes femalish and subject
      to corruption and perversion. By understanding and encratism
      the corruption is reversed.

      Klaus Schilling
    • Show all 28 messages in this topic