7135Re: Welcome new members

  • blackfire_al <blackfire_al@yahoo.com>
    Feb 5, 2003
      For the edification of the entire group, here are the lyrics
      to "Galaxy Song" from the Monty Python movie, "The Meaning of Life".

      Just remember that you're standing on a planet that's evolving
      and revolving at 900 miles an hour,
      It's orbiting at 19 miles a second, so it's reckoned,
      the sun that is the source of all our power.
      The Sun and you and me, and all the stars that we can see,
      are moving at a million miles a day,
      In the outer spiral arm, at 40,000 miles an hour,
      of the Galaxy we call the Milky Way.

      Our Galaxy itself contains 100 billion stars,
      it's 100,000 light-years side-to-side,
      It bulges in the middle, 16 000 light-years thick,
      but out by us it's just 3 000 light-years wide.
      We're 30,000 light-years from galactic central point,
      we go round every 200 million years,
      And our galaxy is only one of millions of billions
      in this amazing and expanding universe.

      The universe itself keeps on expanding and expanding,
      in all of the directions it can whizz,
      As fast as it can go, at the speed of light you know,
      twelve million miles a minute, and that's the fastest speed there is.
      So remember, when you're feeling very small and insecure,
      how amazingly unlikely is your birth,
      Pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space,
      because there's bugger all down here on Earth.

      --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "Gerry <gerryhsp@y...>"
      <gerryhsp@y...> wrote:
      > --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, ernststrohregenmantelrad
      > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > > --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "Gerry" <gerryhsp@y...>
      > > wrote:
      > > > [...]
      >
      > > > "Relax...," huh-I know from experience that it can be
      difficult,
      > but
      > > certainly something to shoot for. ;-)
      > > >
      > > > Gerry
      > >

      > > Mir gefällt "Galaxy Song" in _Sinn des Leben.
      >

      > I hate that I still haven't seen that one---can you believe it?!!
      > LOL I just looked at the lyrics, though, and venture to guess that
      > even Klaus would approve of the last line.
      >
      > Gerry
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic