6921Re: Resonating scripture

    Jan 3, 2003
      --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, klaus schilling <pessy@c...>
      wrote:
      > lady_caritas writes:
      >

      > > Do you have favorite Gnostic scripture(s)
      >

      > The Testimonium Veritatis (NHC IX,3)
      >
      > Klaus Schilling

      Hello, Klaus. Your selection is not a surprise to me. You have
      mentioned an encratic lifestyle in the past, in addition to
      displeasure with Valentinus. What other ideas presented in this work
      appeal to you?

      This writing, which upholds an austere view of renunciation of this
      world, is an example of polemics against other Gnostic sects as well
      as more traditional Christianity. I'm curious. This piece is quite
      unforgiving of various other sects, even though there seems to be
      some agreement, such as the importance of self-knowledge and
      disputing "carnal resurrection." IOW, one might wonder if this
      author isn't placing quite a lot of emphasis on praxis.
      Incompatibility with other Gnostics appears to stem more from
      differing practices he feels are necessary to attain gnosis.

      Klaus, do you personally find any other Gnostic scriptures to your
      liking?