6467Re: Hi Flag

  • wilbro99
    Aug 13, 2002
      Well, actually, I sort of cottoned on to that. What I was up to, even
      though I come in peace, was a bit of Flying the Flag, seeing as how
      that even if one looks only at the historical there is much argument
      as to what defines [G]nosticism, as you noted in #6465. In that light,
      I was musing on how the Flag would enforce his edict. I used that
      vehicle as a way to reinsert my old question; the one you so kindly
      asked at the end of your last post: "Hmmm, so, Will, is Gnosticism
      merely a form of depth psychology? Or something different? :-)" I'll
      get to that question in my responses to your prior post, #6465.

      > Actually, as a footnote, Will, when "gnosticism" was coined, there
      > was originally no "Big G" vs. "small g." Again, that has seemed to
      > be a later development as an attempt to differentiate between
      > historical gnosticism and a modern usage of the word to identify
      > modern trends not specific to historical gnosticism.

    • Show all 22 messages in this topic