5985Re: Pagels, Scholars, Gnostic Links

  • morphodyte
    Jun 7, 2002
      Is 'light' the photon or quantum of 'energy' described in relativistic
      or quantum physics?

      When one sees light is one seeing a photon? Or is the
      experience of light something else?

      When one dreams is one witnessing a play of photons? Is that
      the light?

      I try not to materialize or make materialistic, or scientize
      metaphorical language.

      Scientization of experience bears deconstruction by way of
      epistemology poorly, since subjective experience cannot be
      measured and science deals with the measurable.

      Morph

      --- In gnosticism2@y..., "play_nice_now" <searay@b...> wrote:
      > Interesting. I wonder if Einstein saw this when he discovered
      that
      > E=MC squared? Speed matter up enough it becomes energy
      [light?]. slow
      > the energy down enough it becomes matter. He may have
      been describing
      > the very essence of existence. Spirituality through math. What a
      > concept!
      >
      > peace,
      > play
      >
      > --- In gnosticism2@y..., "morphodyte" <morphodyte@y...>
      wrote:
      > > --- In gnosticism2@y..., lady_caritas wrote:
      > > it lists a book, _The Manichaean Body
      > > > in Discipline and Ritual_ , by Jason David BeDuhn.
      > >
      > > jason BeDuhn teaches at NAU in Flagstaff, or did when the
      book
      > > came out.
      > >
      > > I recommend this book, in part because he discusses the
      > > resolution of the radical dualism of gnosticism as
      understood in
      > > the spirit=good, matter=bad dichotomy, using the
      Manichaean
      > > view of transumtation and refinement of Light from matter.
      > >
      > > While many criticise Manichean thought as being
      dichotomous,
      > > the resolution of the dichotomy is accounted for by the
      > > Manichean practice of delivering Light trapped from matter.
      > >
      > > For example, the process of digestion through which light is
      > > refined back into consciousness and delivered back into the
      > > Realm of Light by the Elect at the ritual feast is discussed in
      the
      > > book.
      > >
      > > I recommend it.
      > >
      > > yes, this is my first post to this list, I have a long standing
      > interest
      > > in Gnosticism, some of you may recognize me from
      > > GnosticThought and elsewhere.
      > >
      > > Morph
    • Show all 44 messages in this topic