5903Re: About anthropomorphizing

  • tsgnosis
    May 20, 2002
      --- In gnosticism2@y..., "play_nice_now" <searay@b...> wrote:

      > I asked something of the Lady Caritas that may seem unreasonable to
      > the gnostic mindset especially in light of the fact that we, as
      > humans, do not live in a vacuum as the lady says. Is it possible
      > to see with the eyes of the spirit as opposed to only with the eyes
      > of the body? Again, I apologize if this doesn't seem to fit in with
      > gnostic ideas but I think it is important to post anyway.

      Hi Play,

      If this question seems unreasonable to a gnostic, I would wonder what
      misguided understanding they have of gnosis altogether!

      Matthew 6:22
      The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are good, your whole
      body will be full of light.

      Matthew 13:15
      For this people's heart has become calloused; they hardly hear with
      their ears, and they have closed their eyes. Otherwise they might see
      with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts
      and turn, and I would heal them.'

      Mark 8:18
      Do you have eyes but fail to see, and ears but fail to hear?

      Luke 10:23
      Then he turned to his disciples and said privately, "Blessed are the
      eyes that see what you see.

      Luke 24:31
      Then their eyes were opened and they recognized him.

      Gospel of Thomas (22) They said to him, "Shall we, then, be as
      children to enter the Kingdom?" Jesus said to them, "When you make
      the two one, and when you make the inner as the outer and the outer
      as the inner, and the above as the below, and when you make the male
      and the female into a single one, so that the male not be male and
      the female not be female; and when you make eyes in the place of an
      eye, and a hand in the place of a hand, and a foot in the place of a
      foot, and an image in place of an image; then will you enter the
      Kingdom."

      Our physical eyes are filters. How could we see through the veils of
      illusion with our physical eyes? How could we see what is in our
      hearts with our physical eyes? In order to ask the question you
      asked, you've already seen with the eyes of your spirit.

      Laura
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic