5902Re: About anthropomorphizing

  • wilbro99
    May 20, 2002
      play, not having a gnostic mindset, or, for that matter, a religious
      mindset, regardless of the religion named, your question raises an
      interesting point. Is it possible to see with the eyes of the spirit
      as opposed to only with the eyes of the body? The question posits
      another pair of eyes, and in the use of the term "only" concretizes
      that posit. From whence cometh this other pair of eyes? It comes from
      the act of imagination, where imagination, which is, in fact, another
      pair of eyes, being the eyes that allows us to plan for the future by
      changing the present, such as building a bridge over a chasm, is
      imagined as being spiritual eyes, which, in turn, allows the one doing
      the imagining to have free run in defining, i.e., imagining, what
      those spiritual eyes see.

      I apologize if this does not fit in with any religious ideas, but I
      think it is important to post anyway. Devolutionist of the Deep, Moby
      Willy

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic