13839Re: Gnosticism Does Not Posess Passwords To Heaven

  • Tommy
    Apr 13, 2010
      i tried to stay with 'chester' [re: below comment] but I think i fell asleep too many times to figure out what he means and where he was going with this mixed up 'copy-paste' comment. i mean, i thought the gnostic books and kabalah were hard to follow for many many years...so maybe i'm missing something here.
      Maybe i just need to get a round tuit. With that i could re-read & decipher anything. I just never seem to be able to get a round tu-it.

      Was it my crossed eyes or is chester trying to say that old books have no purpose other than being nice scenery in ones library or some such nonsense?
      And wasn't there a book already written a while back about the fire department and burning useless books? Fahrenheit something...i think...

      And what about poor Ennead? What if someone had destroyed all the 'useless old books' [my quotes] from before his time? What would he study to become a philosopher?
      Does Chester know that the greatest library of all time was in Egypt & that it was burned down by religious zealots & then the head of the place, a most incredible Lady holding five university degrees {Hypatia}, was drug from her chariot on the way to open the Library {of Alexandria} by those same ignorant people with the matches & they stripped her skin from her body with abalone shells?

      When will we ever learn? {probably never from the looks of it}

      And by the way, i don't consider following my spirit/soul/curiousity's needs...to be a constitutional right even if it is. It is MY right to go peacefully and do no harm as I search the globe for kernels of Knowledge...can i get an amen, Sophia? AMEN!
      Perchance Chester should forgo his random, confused tirade for a moment and go read Socrates.
      Now there's a read...of course one must first READ Plato to READ Socrates because Socrates NEVER wrote any thing down. The great ones never do!

      Side bar:
      Here in Mississippi an 'Ennead' is a greeting made by a friend to anyone called Ned..ie: 'Eh-Ned, whar'd you get them hound dogs Uh saw you a hunten with yasterday, eh?'

      --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, brownbagprd@... wrote:

      > I am quite sure this Gnostic doesn't know what an "Ennead" is.
      >

      > Neal
      >
      > Gnostic and other Judeo-Christian materials/ subjects at
      > http://iontruth.blogspot.com/

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic