13801Hypatia of Alexandria all Weekend on Aeon Byte!!!

  • miguelconner
    Feb 12, 2010
      Perhaps the last and greatest symbol of all that was bright and wise in the Classic Greco/Roman Era is Hypatia of Alexandria. Not only did Hypatia break so many molds by being a renowned scholar in a civilization where women held few rights, she was admired across the Roman Empire by Pagans, Jews and Christians, sought after by nobles and wisemen of all stripes. A woman of famed beauty and alluring mystique, she was also an unparalleled, mathematician, astronomer, alchemist and philosopher. We explore Hypatia's remarkable life, from the known history to the mythology surrounding her, including her tragic murder that represents the beginning of the Dark Ages and the ultimate victory for Orthodoxy. Is Hypatia a martyr for those seeking freedom and equality, a heroine to freethinkers standing against the agents of intolerance, a Gnostic Saint, or another incarnation of the Divine Feminine Principle? We also present a snapshot of the grim backdrop of her story in a world where the ancient Pagan ways and the rise of Christianity clashed with terrible results that stunted history forever.

      Astral Guest-- Ki Longfellow, author of 'Flow Down Like Silver' & 'The Secret Magdalene'.

      --A detailed exposition of the life and death of Hypatia, including her achievements and fame.
      --Separating the fables surrounding her brief but bright life.
      --The argument that Hypatia had Gnostic leanings.
      --Why the movie `Agora', based on her life, is having so much trouble being widely released (and guess who's behind these problems, once again?)
      --The tragic destruction of Alexandria and its library at the hands of Orthodoxy.
      --How Christianity gained dominance over the Roman Empire and brought about the Dark Ages.
      --Why the Christians were far from being the only villains in the epic of Alexandria and Hypatia.
      --The odd friendship between Hypatia of Alexandria and Augustine of Hippo.
      --How Gnosis can be achieved without ritual or mysticism.
      --Ki's writing journey into uncovering Hypatia that was also a discovery of her own inner goddess.

      And much more! Time to give some props to one of the most remarkable women in all of history.

      Just go to http://www.thegodabovegod.com/. The program is broadcast all weekend long. Listen to it at your convenience and peril.

      To give us a better overview of Alexandria and Egyptian culture, our rebroadcast is `Aeon Byte #130-- The Egyptian influence on Christianity & Gnosticism' with Acharya S., author of 'Christ in Egypt'. We discussed virgin, cutting-edge evidence that finally reveals the stunning span, sophistication and influence of the ancient Egyptian Culture. It affected most of the ancient world in innumerable ways. We reveal the prowess of a civilization that thrived longer than imagined, existing many thousands of years longer than the Christian era. We take a journey in time through the grandeur of Ancient Egypt all the way to its demise at the hands of Orthodoxy. We also expose how Christianity, on the exoteric side, and Gnosticism, on the esoteric side, was already mature long before the birth of Jesus Christ in the manifestations and theologies of Horus, Osiris, Isis, Shu, Anubis, Ra and other savior deities.

      Next week present an exposition on a remarkable Gnostic Church called the Ecclesia Gnostica Mysteriorum, also known as the Gnostic Sanctuary, and the amazing life of its Bishop including her finding of gnosis deep in the jails of an oppressive government, her belonging to secret fraternities thousands of years old and her brave involvement with the poor and downtrodden. Our guest is Rosamonde Miller.

      There are over 150 past shows of Aeon Byte are available at http://thegodabovegod.com/index_files/Store.html. Each program has a preview you can listen to it before jumping into the abyss of heresy. CD, DVD or USB Port copies in bulk, at less than half the price, can be purchased through our homepage. Bulk digital audio at your greasy fingertips can also be purchased at http://stores.lulu.com/store.php?fAcctID=1906876. Downloading in bulk digital format is a fraction of the price. And the best part of it is that you can use software to forever erase my insufferable drivel.

      Donations are always a blessing. Aeon Byte is completely non-profit. All money is invested back in the program and to snowplow around my altar to Moloch. Please help out anyway you can. And as always, if you have holes in your pocket, let me know and I'll send you a show for not cost.

      And check out my new articles for The Examiner at http://www.examiner.com/x-28537-Chicago-Gnosticism--Heretical-Spirituality-Examiner. Please subscribe and leave little love or death threats. I put up one or two articles, commentaries, reviews or sermonettes a week. Check in often. My newest articles are `The First Gnostic & the Real Identity of Jesus Christ' and `The Gnostic Origins of Valentine's Day'

      Welcome to desert of the real!

      Abraxas