13767Re: Gnosticism/Masonry

  • Hammer
    Oct 30, 2009
      Terrie,

      I am sure, from the brief communications we have had, that I can understand why they would want you to take part in the conversation and discussion of these areas of interest. You are obviously well schooled and very smart, and able to have meaningful insight on various topics of interest. I am sure many Masons, myself included, enjoy stimulating, thought provoking conversation with anyone, regardless of who or what they are.

      The only reason I mentioned the "atheist" issue is because the basic tenet of becoming a Mason is belief in a supreme being. This is a basic rule that can not be waived. We love diversity (some more than others, of course)but without that basic belief, what do you have to build on? The concept of belief in a supreme being has been a basic rule of Masonry for thousands of years. I find it to be very open minded.

      Greg

      --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "esapress@..." <esapress@...> wrote:

      > Just a brief note to add: now that I think about it; all the Masons I know/have known and meet, none of them have ever suggested that I should join the ES rather typically what they want/suggest is that I should hang out and chat with them - kind of fascinating actually.
      >
      > Terrie

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic