13684Re: Perfect -- "absolutely" speaking

  • Ben
    Jun 1, 2009
      > > > As you say though, evolution continues. I'm glad to know that
      > > > you'll be moving on (ever-improving god in tow). If by chance, some
      > > > miracle-working god SHOULD turn up and move you to post something
      > > > relevant to our forum, I'll be the first to offer an "Amen."
      > > >
      > > > Gerry
      > > >

      > > God is imperfect now? lol
      > > Is this not a case of taking gnostic cosmology literally and not reading between the lines?
      > >
      > > Although it is clear DL is largely discussing the demi urge without any real "knowledge" of the "Gnostic God"...
      > >
      > > If the "Gnostic God" is unknowable and ineffible and unamable and all the others.... how can one confortably say God is imperfect?
      > >
      > > Heh, that largely is the problem wioth grouops like this, it attempts to stick to academia, which is fine... but then questions like this one come up...
      > >
      > > from the overall perspective and focus of this group, it should be a none issue... correct me if I am wrong, but whether God is perfect or not, is outside the scope of this group entirely. We can comment on what the Gnostic texts say, which on the surface is a tale of imprfection.... but to make that as an absolute startement "God is imperfect" is going outside the group's focus into opinion....
      > >
      > > its like saying cheddar is better than gouda....
      > > I would personally argue that God is extremely perfect... everythign is the pleroma afterall... I like double gloucestishire myself...
      > >

      > Uh, Ben, I believe this post was strictly about DL's conception of God, which differs from the Gnostic source.
      >
      > Cari

      ok, my apologies

      well I've seen DL elsewhere....

      clearly he really has no idea about Gnosticism

      but does that mean we shouldn't have patience?

      As Mani said "A drop of water cannot hurt an elephant"

      DL is clearly new to this, on his own admittance he used to be a literalist christian.....

      We all have to start somewhere....
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic