13609Re: [Gnosticism2] Re: Is God and HIs works perfect?

  • Br Benjamin Assisi
    May 18, 2009
      the sophia of Jesus Christ may be worth looking at also... as it begins after Jesus has "died"

      from the mandaean book of john perspective, Mary is seen as a special Jew that ran away to join the circus (Jesus)... that may also be helpful to examine

      On Sun, May 17, 2009 at 2:46 PM, lady_caritas <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, David Carter <cartercanes@...> wrote:

      > Probably, we all have heard of the theory that Mary Magdelene was the desciple that "Jesus loved".  There is some belief that Jesus told Mary (during the last supper) that "enlightenment" comes from within.  Peter got angry because he felt that Jesus had told a women something that he had not told the other desciples.  Does anyone know more of this scenario?  dc

      DC, I don't know about the Last Supper, but The Gospel According to Mary Magdalene talks about what Mary learned in a vision.

      http://www.gnosis.org/library/marygosp.htm

      Hope this helps.

      Better than one thousand verses
      Where no profit wings the word,