13595Re: Is God and HIs works perfect?

  • justafools
    May 14, 2009
      --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, David Carter <cartercanes@...> wrote:

      > Richard, I think it is healthy to have the attitude that everything happens for the good.  However, the idea is probably not true. A lot of bad things happen to good and bad people.  I really can't believe that there is a God that watches everything we do and punishes us for doing bad things.  I think we all need some kind of religion that encourages us to behave well and treat our fellow man well.  Howevr, I don't think I will ever figure out how or why Jesus died for our sins.  Thanks for your insight....dc

      You will not know why Jesus died for our sins because he did not.
      It would have been placing man in an immoral position.
      God rejected the vicarious redemption --Lord, why have you forsaken me--.

      This rejection of the idea that it is good to hide behind as scapegoat, is a clear indication that man is to be responsible for his own actions.

      It is good advice.

      Would you encourage your own children, to think it a good idea to use a scapegoat, if for instance, something at school happened to them where they did not step up and instead, let another child suffer?

      Regards
      DL
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic