13521About my previous post: Gnosticism versus Neoplatonism/Kabbalah

  • gvasquezneo
    Apr 15, 2009
      In my previous post when I was referring to "God" being good or evil, I am of course referring to the creator God, known to Kabbalists as YHWH-Elohim, or to the gnostics as Ialdabaoth. I was not referring to the hidden one (known to Kabbalists as the Ain Soph)—the one above the pleroma.

      "According to Jung, [just like the Ain soph] pleroma is both 'nothing and everything. It is quite fruitless to think about pleroma. Therein both thinking and being cease, since the eternal and infinite possess no qualities.' " (Pleroma, Wikipedia definition).

      I didn't want anyone to think I misunderstood this.
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic