13468Re: [Gnosticism2] Re: Searching for knowledge

  • Br Benjamin Assisi
    May 3, 2008
      theres always tom saunder's Gnostic glossary also

      which is online in vasrious places, I am currently working on a version myself, probably much to tom's disgust....

      here's an old version

      http://magdelene.net/glossary.htm

      this group is about episteme about Gnosis, not really Gnosis though....

      On Sat, May 3, 2008 at 5:52 PM, lady_caritas <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "kari.mudie" <kari.mudie@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > I'm new to this forum. I have found myself drawn to gnosticism for
      > some time now, and have really just started to scratch the surface.
      > However, from what I can gather, some gnostic resources can be very
      > confusing and difficult to understand, especially as I now understand
      > that there are many different gnostic belief systems. I am currently
      > reading a book about the Naassene's and find their beliefs' compelling
      > and intriguing.
      > I joined this discussion forum in the hope of learning more, but am
      > not sure whether I need to take smaller steps, since after browsing
      > over some of the postings I find myself a little lost with the
      > conversation. Can anyone give me advice on how to further my knowledge
      > and understanding of gnosis. I would really appreciate some direction.
      > Thanks, K.

      Welcome to the group, kari.mudie.

      Yes, Gnostic terminology (and cosmology, etc.) can be difficult to decipher, as you and Richard note.  In our links sections you can find a lexicon of common Gnostic terms (PMCV is currently working on an update of that) in addition to some introductory articles, which you might find helpful.

      Better than one thousand verses
      Where no profit wings the word,
      Is one solitary stanza
      Bringing peace of mind when heard.