13440Re: [Gnosticism2] Re: A fresh start

  • Br Benjamin Assisi
    Mar 24, 2008
      in this group yes,

      this group is very much just a study/history group...

      interesting I guess...but flawed, a bit like a muslim studying catholicism

      useful to a point.

      Arguing at the AGCA??? We are discussing a central core, well I am trying to attempt one, Personally It think there are few "universals" in Gnosticism unknowable god, illusion, no dogma etc.  I dont find any problem in seeing that out side "Gnosticism" either... But I realize in this group and others, its mostly an exercise in separation, putting that substance in a centrifuge and seeing what you get.  So I am here to lurk mostly...

      On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 3:02 PM, George <historynow2002@...> wrote:
      Brother Benjamin:

      Indeed, I had worked under the assumption that we were looking
      for what was the central CORE of these various groups, rather
      than an historical view of who, and what, and where.

      I presume I was in error?

      Better than one thousand verses
      Where no profit wings the word,
      Is one solitary stanza