13413Re: Taxonomy of Gnostic, Proto-Gnostic, Semi-Gnostic, Pseodo-Gnostic etc..

  • thalprin
    Feb 14, 2008
      It's nice PMCV, I like this graph.

      Something does come to mind, but I'm not sure what that is as yet.
      Today I have a busy plate, tomorrow I'll see if I can figure out what
      I'm feeling/thinking, or what's catching my eye.

      Thalprin

      > Hey Thalprin
      >
      > Ok, I finally got the categorical graph done. It is in the "Files"
      > section of our home page.
      >
      > http://tinyurl.com/ypvla3
      >
      > I was trying to play with some family tree programs and some better
      > graphics programs, but in the end I realized that if I was ever
      > going to get it done I needed to keep it simple. Even though I call
      > this a "family tree", it is meant to show categorical relations
      > rather than cause and effect. For instance, obviously Sethianism
      and
      > Valentinianism are FORMS of Gnosticism, rather than something that
      > grew out of Gnosticism. On the other hand, Kabbalah likely actually
      > grew out of Merkabah.
      >
      > I should point out that some scholars (like Birger Pearson) believe
      > that Hermetism actually does contain Biblical elements. If this is
      > true, the chart would need to be adjusted accordingly.
      >
      > Anyone have thoughts, questions, points, etc?
      >
      > PMCV
      >

      > --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "thalprin" <thalprin@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Sounds good PMCV and thanks, this taxonomy could be very
      > interesting I
      > > think - I'll look forward to seeing it. If any suggestions come
      > > mind I'll certainly pass them along.
      > >
      > > Thalprin
      > >

      > > --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, pmcvflag <no_reply@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hey Thalprin

      > > > Perhaps would you include such as time line a/o location?<<<
      > > >
      > > > I actually tried to create a timeline some years back, but I
      ran
      > into
      > > > some problems (partly basic computer problems). In any event, I
      > think
      > > > these charts would have to be unconnected. A timeline would not
      > > follow
      > > > a taxonomy in this case. I'll play with some programs and see
      > how I
      > > > may best present this kind of chart on this forum. Any
      > suggestions
      > > > would be helpful.
      > > >
      > > > PMCV

    • Show all 24 messages in this topic