13070Re: [Gnosticism2] Re: Classifications among the Valentinians

  • dwain
    Jun 28, 2007
      Mark wrote:

      > dwain,
      >
      > I deal with this alternate interpretation as I deal with all the
      > alternates: I pick the one that speaks to me. Hearing that which
      > speaks to one is part of one's gnosis. If this alternate
      > interpretation speaks to you, I affirm your gnosis.
      >
      > Mark
      >
      > --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com
      > <mailto:gnosticism2%40yahoogroups.com>, dwain <dwain.alford@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Mark wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Cari,
      > > >
      > > > The person directly experiences the
      > > > presence of the risen Christ in the form of his or her personal
      > > > angel." This interpretation of this experience resonates better
      > with
      > > > me.
      > > >

      > > how do you deal with the alternate gnostic approach that the
      > crucifixion was a sham and also that jesus was satan and that john
      > the baptist was the true messiah?
      > >
      > > dwain
      > > --
      > > Dwain Alford
      > > web: http://www.studiokdd.com <http://www.studiokdd.com>
      > >
      > > "The artist may use any form which his expression demands;
      > > for his inner impulse must find suitable expression." Kandinsky

      it's not that i think it is correct, it is one of the alternates, as you
      call it, that adds perspective to any understanding. questions are good
      in that they allow for growth. i assume that if one was raised in a
      christian atmosphere, this thinking would seem at odds with what one was
      raised to "believe". in fact, gnosticism is at odds with "catholic"
      (read universal) orthodoxy.

      dwain

      --
      Dwain Alford
      web: http://www.studiokdd.com

      "The artist may use any form which his expression demands;
      for his inner impulse must find suitable expression." Kandinsky
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic