13040Re: Mysticism a Regressional Experience?

  • Verna Leigh Johnson
    Apr 4, 2007
      >>>I know it is this kind of question relating to readings of the
      historical text that causes Imdarkchylde to say we "miss the point",
      but in spite of her judgemental presumption of our spiritual failure
      I feel that attempting to understand the intent of the original
      authors of the texts can be valuable.<<<
      Judgmetal you may think it is (and you would certainly know all about
      being judgemental, eh?), I was not alluding to your attempts to
      understand the intent of the ancients. I was refering to the fact
      that discussions on the ACTUAL, real, mystical experience of gnosis
      is not encouraged in this group, I have not been allowed to even post
      things as they didn't fit the definition of gnosis in its historical
      and academic boundries AS IT PERTAINS TO YOUR GROUP, and to focus on
      gnosticism only in such contexts DOES miss the point, IMHO (and I am
      allowed that, or should be). Is this not true? The experience of
      gnosis is real, and happens to people NOW, as it did then, but this
      is not what is desired for discussion in this group. Or did I
      misunderstand? Can we discuss the experience, that people ALIVE
      TODAY have, or does that not fit into the criteria of this group?
      Our discussions offgroup led me to believe this, but mayhaps you have
      had a change of heart?
      peas
      DarkChylde