13032Re: Mysticism a Regressional Experience?

  • Verna Leigh Johnson
    Apr 1, 2007
      Brightest Blessings, Thomas!
      What a blessed name! You aren't kin to the famous (infamous?)
      brothers that made the Matrix, are you?
      I agree with you on a few of your points. As a beginner Kabbalist,
      I am still discovering the 'truth' of the Garden of Eden story, but I
      am a Valentian to the core, so to speak, and that is what still
      resonates within me, like scratching an itch that bugged me for so
      long.
      It is interesting you consider 'agnostic' to be "intuitive knowledge
      without the framework of conceptual thought." Knowledge is gnosis,
      not a 'collection of data, but 'knowledge' (as used by the Hebrew
      definition and alike in the Greek and Latin as well) thus a, meaning
      anti, meaning 'against' would be without knowlegde in its technical
      sense.
      But I understand your meaning, as I have had such 'mystical'
      exeriences (altho I didn't know they were when I had them) in the
      form of OBEs, NDEs, and some I don't think have a 'classification',
      (or at least not one that can be pinned down). But having visted the
      Ground of Being, the Great Unmainfest, the Father of the Entirety,
      whatever pigeonhole you wish to use, I can tell you there is NO
      THINKING there, only an 'awareness' of self (not ego). I have not
      been told this, I KNOW this. You may contact me on my personal email
      if you wish, as I have found this may not meet the definition of
      classification of Gnosticism in the traditional (an to some no longer
      existant) sense and such discussions may not be encouraged, but I
      will still put in my two cents.
      Whirled and inner peas
      DarkChylde

      my email is imdarkchylde@...

      Gnothi Seauton

      --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas Wycihowski"
      <tjwycihowski@...> wrote:

      > I'm continually fascinated by the story of the Garden of Eden and
      > it's various version in Gnostic books.
      >

      > My take is that the Garden was a mystical experience that many
      > people of different religious experiences experience. In a book by
      > Transpersonal writer Ken Wilber, he more or less dissess Eden as a
      > pre-egoistic state where the differentiation between the self and
      the
      > outside worn't exist.
      >
      > I disagree with that. In my opinion, the eating of the Tree of
      > Knowledge of Good and Evil was a divorcing of the counscious human
      > being from the mystical sense of oneness that existed before. This
      > was the "Fall" into matter.
      >
      > Thge author makes regression seem to be inicimal to spiritual
      > progress. I belkeive that is a false dychotomy. My own perspective
      is
      > that it IS a form of Gnosis, I call Agnosis, or intuitive knowledge
      > without the framework of conceptual thought.
      >
      > Anyways, a lot of mystical experience seems like to me a
      regression
      > to a earlier stae of perception and cognition.
      >
      > So do you think that some mystical experiences are regressive in
      > nature?

    • Show all 22 messages in this topic