    Feb 27, 2007

      --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, teafourme <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > Thought I would share this find
      >
      > http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=84733
      >
      > Looks VERY INTERESTING.
      > NO?
      > KP

      No, not really.

      The conspiracy theorists and alternative history writers have already had a field day concerning what might otherwise be of legitimate interest with regards to Gnosticism.  Dan Brown took that material and ran with it, and now we can see these popular misconceptions further fantasized into comic book format and a big-screen production of the same. [sigh]

      The fact that Johnny Depp is involved with this undertaking is really but another nail in its coffin, although I don't mind admitting that I thoroughly enjoyed Chocolat in spite of his appearance in that film.