12876Re: A Question for the gruop...

  • imdarkchylde
    Nov 20, 2006
      Blessings!!
      Sorry so long in responding. This post got buried in my inbox and I
      just now found it.
      Yes, that is exactly what I mean, and I don't think you are splitting
      hairs at all. I believe words are specific for us to communicate
      with, and that did need to be explained, you just did a better job of
      it than I.
      But it wasn't just a 'single event' although that moment had the more
      dramatic in effect on me. It was the entire process of learning
      the 'truth' on 'God' and the spiritual realm, then in a state of
      relaxed contemplation could be seen as meditation, which culmulated
      into an event wherein I was made aware of the ALL, and my connection
      to it.
      Kinda like in the Hymn of the Pearl, where the real task had been
      forgotten and the child and messenger sent to get the pearl had begun
      to serve the other king, then recieves a letter from 'home' which
      reminded the child of the task at hand and of their real identity.
      Reading the texts were like the letter, it reminded me of the truth,
      and for a momnet my perspective allowed me to experience the truth.
      Without having learned the truth, or being 'reminded of it' I
      wouldn't have really understood what I was seeing and the
      comprehension brought about by the event would have also been awry.
      That was the point I was trying to make, without success I think.LOL
      Hope you walk in Light and Love!!
      WHirled and inner peas
      DarkChylde

      Gnothi Seauton
      **Love thy enemies. Messes with their heads!**

      > Darkchylde

      > about from a second party, or read it, I KNEW the connection I had
      > the ALL, the Unmainifest.<<<
      >
      > Ah, I see what you mean. I had thought you were connecting the
      > word "Gnosis" to the experience itself, but if I understand you now
      > you mean to connect it to a sort of realization that contextualized
      > the experience. Is that correct? It may sound like hair splitting,
      but
      > the destinction could actually be very very important.

      > usefull and necessary tool in meditation) albeit it may have been
      > triggered by my contemplations on the Epinoia. I came back with
      > that 'water splashed in the face feeling' and it left me
      irrevocably
      > changed. If I had never experienced it, I would probably still
      believe
      > as I do now, but I wouldn't KNOW. It is one thing to read about it,
      > contemplate it, talk about it, but it quite another to experience
      it.

      > You know?<<<
      >
      > Yes, I do. You mentioned in a previous post how you may have taken
      the
      > experience fery differently if you were, say, Catholic. I think
      that
      > is a very good and important point... and very related to the
      subject
      > of whether it is technically "Gnosis" or not. Many people who are
      more
      > influenced by modern esoteric traditions equate the word with the
      > experience itself. It is very often that we hear people say "look,
      > had this experience so now I have gnosis". In a modern sense of the
      > word that is surely true, but I do find it unfortunate that people
      > feel the need to foist this modern esoteric thinking back on
      > traditional Gnostic thinking in such a way that causes them to
      misread
      > the Gnostic texts.
      >
      > In the Gnostic texts this word is simply not a single cohesive
      > experiencial instance. I do see how one could read Plato and think
      > that is what he meant ("like a flash of light"), or read the
      Gnostic