12866Re: Daily Enlightenment

  • gnostic_ken
    Nov 13, 2006

      > Hey Melissa

      > group.<<<
      >
      > Just in case Lady Cari's post doesn't reach you again let me also
      send
      > you the URL for the forum...

      > Now it is my turn to ask a question. Although I was aware that
      people
      > could elect to get our messages through email rather than entering
      the
      > group directly, I didn't realize that it was possible to do so
      without
      > joining through the forum first. May I ask how you started getting
      > emails from us? How did you register? I wonder if other people
      here
      > are getting emails from us without realizing that these emails are
      > coming from a forum.
      >
      > PMCV

      Hi PMCV,
      One can get e-mails by sending an e-mail to
      gnosticism-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      That is a leftover from the days when yahoogroups was oneslist. I
      understand that this group was formed as a yahoo club. I started the
      GT list on onelist which was a subscribtion based internet e-mail
      list. egroups ate onelist then yahoo ate egroups. For a while yahoo
      clubs and yahoogroups operated side by side on yahoo. Finally yahoo
      blended yahoo clubs into yahoogroups. That's how you ended up with
      the 2 on the end of gnosticism. There was already a gnosticism list
      in yahoogroups. Anyway, if someone is signed up to have the posts
      sent by e-mail they are sent. If they don't get them then likely
      their SPAM filters are eating them. For some reason known only to
      SPAM filters they will let some posts through and send some to the
      inbox even though they are all from the same yahoogroup.

      So what I am trying to say is anyone who realizes they are not
      getting all of their e-mail should check in whatever file their SPAM
      filter deposits things it thinks are SPAM.

      Hope this helps.

      Ken
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic