12838Re: [Gnosticism2] Re: Daily Enlightenment

  • Melissa McIntyre
    Nov 9, 2006
      HHmmm, ok I never got a message from Lady Cari, but to answer your question, the book that I am referring to is dealing with some Gnostic texts. The back of the book states....Decoding original messages to humankind. In Secrets from the Lost Bible, Hebrew scholar Kenneth Hanson, Ph.D., uncovers the long-suppressed teachings in the books of the --Kabbalah, Dead Sea Scrolls, GNOSTIC TEXTS, Aprocrypha, and Pseudepigrapha.  Just thought it might be interesting to some people. Sorry to be excited about something and what to share with people, I guess that is wrong to do in an email group. We should all keep quiet huh, or ask approval before we post something.

      Melissa

      Hello again Melissa

      Say, I wasn't sure if you had intended to answer Lady Cari, but I
      thought I would restate her question to you in a less subtle way.

      This forum deals very specifically with Gnosticism in the more
      technical meaning of the word. We understand very well that we all
      have books and teachings outside of Gnostic thinking that inspire,
      influence, and inform us. I, for instance, also have a heavy
      interest in specific forms of esoteric romance. In other groups I
      talk often about Dante, about Classical Hermetic thought, about art
      and passion and music. However, this group really is a bit more
      specifically about Gnosticism so here is Lady Cari's question in my
      words...

      Your book is surely interesting, but do you have any thoughts on
      what it has to do with our topic? Can you compare it to any Gnostic
      texts for us, or how it may be similar or different to specific
      aspects of Gnostic thinking that you are aware of?

      PMCV

      --- In gnosticism2@ yahoogroups. com, Melissa McIntyre
      <oakraven71@ ...> wrote:

      > Greetings everyone,
      >
      > I must say it again, I love this book!!!! When I read this
      segment thoughts of some people here came to mind. So I would like
      to share it with you all. Of course, if you already don't know it is
      the book Secrets from the Lost Bible, by Kenneth Hanson. Great
      Author I must say, the way he puts things into perspective is really
      inspiring. Hope I do as well as he does when I write my book. I am a
      writer in progress. That is why I do so much theology research and
      discussions. I must say, I have got many positive feedback from
      people on my theories, opinions and beliefs. Thank you all that want
      to hear more.

      > He writes:
      >
      > The World of Being allows us to recognize ourselves for who we
      really are, and to recognize the aspect of the divine in all people.
      A very nice thought, but what can we do about it? Take the advice of
      Emerson and the Transcendentalists. Cultivate stillness, practice
      meditative silence, and take every opportunity to observe the world
      of nature---the Garden of Being. Even in Eden, a bit of denial
      (Satan) is still there, but it mustn't interfere with our
      perception. We realize that we are all part of the whole, the divine
      Source. It is only when we forget that greater reality that we
      perpetrate negativity, doing things that are not Godlike.

      > Yes, we need to do this in order to become part of the World of
      Being. We need to step back, take a breath, and just slow down.
      Meditate everyday, rid ourselves of negative energy, and instill
      positive energy. Get rid of things that encourage negativity. Start
      thinking about what would make a positive influence in your life.

      > I have been doing this in my life and the big one is where I
      live. So, I am planning a move out of state. Rid myself of the
      negativity that has been holding me and my family back to our goal.
      Which is to become more in tune with the World of Being. It takes a
      lot of sacrifice, but in the end it is worth it. The more positive
      energy you have yourself surrounded by, the more positive
      experiences you will have. Giving to others is a positive
      experience, which is why I told everyone about the Operation
      Christmas Child. I thought I would have got more of a response from
      that, but evidently some people don't feel that enthusiastic as I
      did. But, I won't let that negativity put me down, because I did get
      some very positive responses. And on that note, take care and have a
      great day!

      > Melissa
      >

      > The Dragon Speaks...... Listen.

      > Sponsored Link
      >
      > Get a free Motorola Razr! Today Only! Choose Cingular, Sprint,
      Verizon, Alltel, or T-Mobile.

      The Dragon Speaks......Listen.