12465Re: It's in our DNA

  • bkimbell98
    Jun 11, 2006
      PMCV

      I agree that it is facinating to try to understand what the Gnostics
      of old thought - but understanding at the same time, that this was
      not a homgeneous group, by any stretch. I do think it's very
      curious that there were so many different groups of Christian
      communities in the first few hundred years with so many disparate
      views. There was much controversy. How could it be that Jesus left
      so many different impressions among his followers? Surely what he
      was teaching had a hidden meaning - some 'got it' or thought they
      did and others took his teachings literally, interpreting it as best
      they could... on and on throughout the millennia.

      My whole point is this - it can only be informed speculation on our
      part. Somewhere else in this website, someone made the comment that
      personal experience is also necessary - not just special knoweldge
      or understanding. That is the point I am trying to make (although
      not clearly, as you point out). The only thing about which we can
      be sure is our own personal experience. We can then interpret the
      books in that light.

      Barbara

      In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, pmcvflag <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > Barbara