12376Re: Valentinian Exegesis of the Pauline Corpus

  • icybrethovhecate
    May 2, 2006
      read Ptolemy's Valentinian System. It has a lot of references to the
      writings of Paul. Actually, I'd reccomend all Ptolemy's writings for
      a comparison of Biblical Christianity and Gnosticism.

      > Steve wrote:
      > > --- In gnosticism2@yahoogroups.com, Michael Leavitt <ac998@>
      wrote:

      > > Valentinian

      > > of

      > > possible

      > > appreciated.

      > > possibility that the Valentinian tradition did, in fact, go back
      > > the esoteric teaching of Paul. The letters that most scholars
      accept
      > > as either being by Paul or at least of the Pauline School use so
      much
      > > gnostic terminology and make so many subtle references to gnostic
      > > theology that I can no longer dismiss the connection. What do you
      > > think?
      > > Yours, Steve W.
      > >

      > Years ago I gave a lecture entitled the Gnostic Paul. All I did
      was go
      > through his letters and pick out the most Gnostic statements. I
      have
      > been a fan of Paul as gnostic since the early 1960's.
      >
      > --
      > M. Leavitt

    • Show all 24 messages in this topic