11906Re: Fulfilling PMCVFLAG's challenge

  • abdul wahab
    Feb 5, 2006

      That is all fine and dandy, but I think you underestimate the people
      here. It is relatively easy to think you can judge one's
      intellectual ability via extended conversation (first impressions
      can be false even there), but anyone who thinks they can tell the
      spiritual abilities based on contrast to those intellectual persuits
      demonstrates some misconceptions (both spiritual and intellectual).

      It is an ESSENTIAL concept of Gnostic thought, that the spiritual
      experience and the philosophical comprehension are enmeshed, if
      taken rightly they are mixed into one... they are the rightful
      bridegroom and bride. Which ever starting point you come from, one
      is not a "Gnostic" until they have both. That much you sem to agree
      with, but the valuation jump you then make is unwarented. The
      spiritual experience of the Bride, Sophia, is a fallen lie without
      her bridegroom. And the waiting bridegroom, Logos, is lonely and
      hollow without his love.

      What I mean is, you may be able to start from either of two
      points... experience or intellect.... but Gnosis is, by definition,
      a conjunction of both of these.

      Don't be so sure you know the background of any author here, even if
      on the surface we may deal a bit more with the historical. I will
      await the challenge to see if you know mine.
      PMCV

      Dear PMCV
      Seeing the way your prime focus of discussion and response on the original understanding of Gnosticism and later development of it, it is not too difficult to include you as a Gnostic philosopher. What I would like to say is that every spiritual school of thought has their own accentuation and concept. That is why when we discuss Gnosticism in other traditions, it does not exactly suit for what hermitic understanding really mean. So there must be underlying background of ideas discussed. What I mean with underlying background of ideas is the purport of the participants’ writings implicitly or explicitly.

      Apakah Anda Yahoo!?
      Lelah menerima spam? Surat Yahoo! memiliki perlindungan terbaik terhadap spam
      http://id.mail.yahoo.com

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic