11740Re: [Gnosticism2] Valentinian Christians

  • Tsharpmin7@aol.com
    Dec 30, 2005
      Hi Bob... I believe Gus is right, "Secrecy is not only the
      hallmark for valentinian gnosticism. It prevails also in
      Judo-Christian and muslim gnosticism." And its only
      the "muslim gnostics" (Sufis) that I'm aware of who
      really speak clearly on the issue. And it boils down to
      this: they don't waste time with those whom they
      perceive as not having the current capacity to receive
      what they offer. This may seem unfair or cold-blooded
      to some of us, but they voice some very compelling
      arguments why this should be so.

      Your friend,

      Crispin Sainte III

      In a message dated 12/29/2005 10:37:37 AM Central Standard Time, taktani@... writes:
      Gerry,

      I don't have any references with regards to the
      make-up on congregations, but I do have a "take" on
      these quotes.

      It almost sounds like Valentius had a relationship
      with his "group" much like Jesus had with the
      apostles, but had a "select few" like Jesus had Mary
      Magdelene, that he taught the real mysteries to.

      This also sounds like a good way to conceal themselves
      from the "regular" church.

      Bob

    • Show all 99 messages in this topic