11723Re: If....

    Dec 16, 2005
      Hey all

      This is a GREAT idea for discussion. I wish I could post more, but
      this is my last day before my big trip. I just wanted to throw a
      little fuel in the tank before I go.

      I find this intersting in the Gospel of Truth. When it talks about
      the "Error" and how it disolves into "Truth", sometimes it seems to
      talk about it as something that will happen, other times as
      something that already happened. There seems to be an ambiguity
      between past, present, and future.

      One could wonder if this is a glitch in the translation, but one
      could also see this as part of a general perception that the
      cosmology, soteriology, and eschatology are all one thing to some
      extent, and they repeat each time an individual comes to understand
      them. When does the Christ rise? When the psychic is initiated into
      pneumaticism. When does the error fade? When the Gnostic sees the
      light of the Father. When does the Kingdom of the Father
      come? ....... It is before us but man does not see it.

      Happened, happening, will happen; in the light of an initiatory
      process the destinction between these tenses may not always be
      clear... or even important beyond what they mean to the process
      itself.

      Maybe you all can think of other specific examples in the texts

      Ok, that is probably my last post for awhile, so you all take care
      and have a great holiday season!!! Keep the conversation alive :)

      > Hello lady_caritas
      >
      > On 12/13/05, you wrote:
      >
      > >> It is a general reaction, sometimes the creation myths seem in
      the
      > >> distant past, but sometimes they seem like they are going on
      now,
      > >> in me., or outside of time altogether. There is an impact of
      > >> immedacy, especially in On The Creation of the World.
      > >>
      > >> Regards
      > >> --
      > >> Mike Leavitt ac998_@_lafn._org remove -'s
      > >>

      > > That's interesting, Mike. Mythology can be powerful. I'm
      curious;
      > > do you experience this as an observer or do you identify with
      any
      > > characters of the myth?
      > >
      > > Cari
      >
      > It varries, sometimes the sophia character, sometimes the narrator,
      > sometimes just as an observer. I did identify with the archon
      > Saboath as he was beatified for seeing through his father, but that
      > happened years ago too when I read the Hypostasis of the Archons in
      > NHL.
      >
      > Regards
      > --
      > Mike Leavitt ac998_@_lafn._org remove -'s