10420Re: [Gnosticism2] Re: Baptism

  • nakedalchemy@aol.com
    Jan 12, 2005
      In a message dated 1/12/2005 9:36:03 PM Eastern Standard Time, no_reply@yahoogroups.com writes:
      However, as Mychael points out the function of ritual in the
      initiatory process is a bit more specific and integral. In fact some
      rituals go so far as to be intended to actually induce the
      change/experience/understanding, not just to enhance a mood or help
      us remember. Gnosticism is an initiatory system, by definition.

      PMCV
      I agree, and some ritual has shown to do this for certain individuals...it became an "out of mind, but in the mind experience" and opened their eyes, if only enough to continue onward onto the path they chose that they were initiated in, and ye,s this is what it is, Gnostic thought is an initiation system,perhaps full of all the outer acoutrements of ritual, prayer etc, but the initiatory process, for me, is an ever evolving one, and I don't like to take things for granted and  settle myself there.
      I may be stuck in a present state of mind about something until which time something else clicks, another "aha" moment, and I will investigate it both internally and externally intellectually.

      mychael
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic