10417Re: [Gnosticism2] Re: Baptism

  • nakedalchemy@aol.com
    Jan 12, 2005
      In a message dated 1/12/2005 12:12:43 AM Eastern Standard Time, no_reply@yahoogroups.com writes:
      In other words, the functions of the rituals is to gain that
      allegorical meaning and spiritual process of the message rather than
      washing away sins to make amends to some angry Demiurge lest he
      smite us.
      yes, the function of ritual is supposedly to aid in awakening and be a transitional aspect, marking the transition from one state to another, of awareness. When we dont get the message it implies ritually, we are merely faking it for whatever reasons...to be included, to not be left out, to let others think we are what we are not..it comes back to haunt eventually.
      it is a cleansing,but not of sins etc, of old thought, or is supposed to be.

      mychael
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic