10347Re: QUESTIONS...

    Nov 19, 2004
      Damn right, Mike.... Tommy Gnosis is what Meatloaf would be if he
      had any understanding of Platonism ;)

      This is a pretty darn good movie. Low budget, and more
      technically "Platonist" than "Gnostic".... but I have made no bones
      about the fact that I am also perhaps more Platonist that Gnostic
      anyway *hehe*. The music is cheesy, and skilled at the same time.

      There are also sexual elements that I think the author meant on a
      literal level, but could also be taken on a literary level. It made
      me rethink my own influences and how practical applications could be
      worked into it. That is one of the best reviews I could give for a
      movie... believe me.

      Second only to the Truman Show in what I think may be conciously
      influenced by Gnostic thought.

      > Hello Gerry
      >
      > On 11/18/04, you wrote:
      >
      > > Along more of a platonic vein, I notice another movie airing
      tonight
      > > (8:00pm and 1:00am Eastern) on the Independent Film Channel. For
      > > anyone who hasn't seen it yet, you may get a kick out of _Hedwig
      and
      > > the Angry Inch_. Even Elmoreb's speculation on how people are
      > > interpreting "Gnosticism" in the popular culture these days can
      be
      > > seen in how Tommy Gnosis steals and unwittingly bastardizes the
      > > material which Hedwig imparted to him. If anyone out there is
      into
      > > the quasi-Gnostic musical genre, this one is terribly
      funny . . . as
      > > well as moving.
      > >
      > > Gerry
      >
      > Tommy Gnosis?