      From: pmcvflag
      Sent: Thursday, September 02, 2004 9:19 PM
      Subject: [Gnosticism2] Annie and Jung

      Say Annie, I think perhaps I made my point a little unclear. You
      state....

      >>>"I do understand what you are saying, and there's a middle ground
      I find between totally being psychic or going all the way in Jung's
      direction of the opposite (what is that?  I want to say
      intellectualize it, or is that not the right term?)"<<<

      Well, we should take a look at this for a second. Now, there would be
      some debate here about just how Jung himself may have intended
      certain things, but the common reading that has spawned a rendering
      of myths to be representative of psychological, or personal,
      principles. It is this understanding in which the basic field of
      comparative mythology works, and which is made most popular by
      writers like Joe Campbell. This is "psychologicising" the religions.

      Look at these two words a bit more closely... "psychologicising"
      and "psychic". As you will quickly see, this "Jungian" method is not
      the opposite of psychic, it IS psychic.... one form of it anyway.

      One thing you said I found interesting.....

      >>>"Of course, I actually don't believe that all that we've been is
      all a tragic and extinct mistake, it goes one further for me as being
      necessary for chaos to rise from the shadow of the light in order to
      be conquered by that light, in an endless sequence, and it's
      conceivable that each vast time span, such as the solar systems' life
      time, from beginning to halfway, is G-d exhalation, and then the
      second half is the inhalation."<<<

      I am thinking that you may be far more interested in Kabbalah than in
      Gnosticism. It really sounds a bit closer to your theological
      thinking as well as to your method of interperatation. Ever study it?
      If so, what did you think?

      Lastly, you ask....

      >>>"So what conceptions are found for salvation within the truest
      types of gnosticism, with respect to what you posted below?"<<<

      I am not sure if you mean to ask how salvation is achieved in
      Gnosticism, or what that salvation is. Could you restate your
      question for me to remove my confusion?