Volunteer Opportunity: Bulk Mailing Coordinator

  • Ron Dyer
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 11, 2005
      Greater Nashua Habitat for Humanity does about a half dozen mailings per year that qualify to be sent at the non-profit bulk mailing rates.  Most of these are newsletter mailings.  These require following special procedures to be handled by the Post Office.  We need a volunteer to handle these mailings.  This requires learning the special handling procedures of the Post Office and picking up the necessary materials from the Post Office prior to each mailing.  Next a group of people needs to be gathered and trained to assemble the particular mailing.  (We usually have a number of groups available to help with this part.)  After that is completed, the mailing needs to be packaged for the Post Office, the forms filled out, and everything delivered to the Post Office.  This will probably take around eight hours for each mailing, not counting the time of the people doing the assembling.  If you're interested in taking on this responsibility for us, please contact us and someone will discuss this with you in more detail.  Thanks.