Volunteers Neede for "Take a Hike for Humanity"

  • Ron Dyer
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 22 8:25 AM
      The 9th annual "Take a Hike for Humanity" fundraiser is being held Saturday and Sunday, May 22 & 23 at Mt. Monadnock in Jaffrey, NH.  We need volunteers to help with tasks both days.  The following tasks are where we need volunteers:

      Hiker registration:  Hikers will be registered using laptop PCs, so you need to feel comfortable using one.  Hiker information must be verified and entered into the PC.  This also includes verifying the sum of pledges and counting the money to verify what was turned in.  We prefer to have persons that can be there for the entire day:  8:30 a.m. to about 5 p.m.  However, the days can be broken into two shifts:  8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 12:30 p.m. to 5 p.m.  Training starts at 8:30 a.m. prior to the opening at 9 a.m.

      Shirt distribution:  Collect incentive tickets from registered hikers and distribute the appropriate shirts.  You may also have to do some folding and sorting of shirts.  Persons are needed from 8:45 a.m. to about 5 p.m.

      Certificate preparation:  Prepare certificates of completion for registered hikers.  This is done while they are hiking.  Persons are needed from 9:30 a.m. until 3 p.m.

      If you are volunteering and have first aid skills, please let us know.  We have been lucky in not having injuries, but it is always good to have the skills available.

      If we have adequate staffing levels, there may be opportunities to switch around tasks if others are interested.

      Please lets us know if you are interested and can make the commitment to any of these.  Thank you.

      Ron Dyer