Habitat for Humanity build - Thursday August 29th and Saturday August 31st

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 26, 2013
      All:

      We'll finish building a pergola at the butterfly garden in Benson Park (27 Kimball Hill Road), Hudson, with the Hudson Community Club.

      >> Thursday: Meet at Benson Park site, 27 Kimball Hill Road, Hudson. Main parking lot provides walk-in access; drive-in for tools, etc., to be coordinated with the Community Club once on-site. Lunch will be provided, thanks to the Community Club!

      >> Saturday: No construction planned - enjoy the Labor Day weekend.

      Benson Park, 27 Kimball Hill Road, Hudson. Directions from Everett Turnpike, Exit 5:
      1. Start out on ramp toward RT-111. 0.3 mi
      2. Turn slight right onto RT-111 E. 1.7 mi
      3. RT-111 E becomes Spring St. 0.1 mi
      4. Turn right onto E Hollis St/RT-111 E. 0.8 mi
      5. Turn slight left onto RT-111 E. 1.8 mi
      6. Turn left onto Central St/RT-111. CUMBERLAND FARMS is on the corner. 0.4 mi
      7. Turn slight right onto Kimball Hill Rd. 7-ELEVEN is on the left. 0.2 mi
      8. 27 KIMBALL HILL RD is on the right. Your destination is 0.1 miles past Greeley St
      If you reach Bush Hill Rd you've gone about 0.2 miles too far

      Volunteer work:
      > 27 Kimball Hill Road (Benson Park), Hudson: Complete assembly of pre-cut kit. Note: There is no power on the site. Please bring battery-operated screw guns. The stainless screws for assembly are square-drive.

      * * * * * Looking for heavy-duty trailer to deliver / return small front-end loader / tractor to spread topsoil at our home site, 24 Adelaide Street, Hudson * * * * * *

      See as many of you as can make it, starting by 9:00. Please wear appropriate protective clothing.

      Completed since last Saturday:
      24 Adelaide, Hudson: Plumber continued setting up the boiler.
      27 Kimball Hill Road (Benson Park), Hudson: Dug and poured Sonotube piers for the four posts of the pergola.

      Upcoming events:
      24 Adelaide Street, Hudson: Contractor to do finish electrical. Contractor to continue finish plumbing. Topsoil to be delivered; contractor hydroseed.
      Coordinating possible additional small project with Nashua Soup Kitchen & Shelter.