Habitat for Humanity build - Thursday July 18th and Saturday July 20th

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 14, 2013

      We'll continue work on our new Hudson home; this is mostly indoor work.

      >> Thursday: Meet at site, 24 Adelaide Street, Hudson. Please bring lunches.

      >> Saturday: Meet at site, 24 Adelaide Street, Hudson. Please bring lunches.

      24 Adelaide Street, Hudson: Directions from Everett Turnpike Exit 6 -
      1. Start out going EAST on BROAD ST/RT-130 toward SPAR AVE. 0.9 mi
      2. Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto AMHERST ST/RT-101A. Continue to follow RT-101A E. RT-101A E is just past JONES CT. 0.9 mi
      3. Turn LEFT onto CANAL ST/RT-101A. Continue to follow RT-101A E. 1.0 mi
      4. RT-101A E becomes RT-111 E. 0.1 mi
      5. Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto CENTRAL ST. 0.5 mi
      6. Turn LEFT to stay on CENTRAL ST.CENTRAL ST is just past HURLEY ST. 0.2 mi
      7. Take the 1st LEFT onto ADELAIDE ST.
      8. 24 ADELAIDE ST is on the LEFT, at the corner with LIONS AVE.

      Volunteer work:
      > 24 Adelaide, Hudson: Continue laying laminate flooring. Continue prep landscaping, ahead of topsoil delivery. Install handrail on back deck steps.

      * * * * * Looking for heavy-duty trailer to deliver / return small front-end loader / tractor to spread topsoil * * * * * *

      See as many of you as can make it, starting by 9:00. Please wear appropriate protective clothing.

      Completed since last Saturday:
      24 Adelaide, Hudson: Continued cleaning up outside, weed-whacking, and removing lumber, brush, etc. - special thanks to Mary and Bill! Replaced one split deck tread and one warped baluster. Touched-up interior paint throughout. Finished metal-wrapping fascias and installed roof vent for bathroom exhaust fan - thanks to Bob. Home Depot installed carpet in bedrooms. Installed kitchen countertop and sink. Installed bathroom towel rings, etc. Filled and painted exterior wood trim. Prepped living room / foyer for flooring, then started laying laminate floor in living room.
      34 New Searles Road, Nashua: Fixed two plumbing leaks, replaced one large window pane - thanks to Don.

      Upcoming events:
      24 Adelaide Street, Hudson: Contractor to do finish electrical. Contractor to continue finish plumbing. Hang bifold closet doors when received. Landscape - spread topsoil, then contractor hydroseed.
      Bensons Park, Hudson: Support pergola kit build for Hudson Community Club.