A Message to Our Volunteers

  • william stoughton
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 24, 2013

      June 2013

      Dearest Volunteers,

      First, thank you so much for all of the time and energy you give to Greater Nashua Habitat for Humanity.  Many of you have seen how much has to happen at our build sites, in the office, in our new ReStore and elsewhere, so that our families can accept the keys to the home we build with them.  I have had the privilege of talking with many of you as you construct the Hudson house, improve, stock and sell at our ReStore, and tend to our books, community and faith outreach efforts.  Our task of providing safe, decent, affordable homes in our community wouldn't be possible without everything you do, and we deeply appreciate your efforts.

      In fact, my most important job as president of Greater Nashua Habitat for Humanity is supporting you, our volunteers.  You provide the knowledge and energy that lets us help our neighbors in the community; I’ll do my best to be sure we’re helping you.  I hope you’ll stop to talk to me or send me an email with anything that’s on your mind about our affiliate.  You can reach me at william.stoughton@... .

                      We have an exciting summer ahead.  We will finish our Hudson house and present the keys to another grateful Habitat homeowner family.  This family, like all of our homeowners, has invested hundreds of hours, working alongside our volunteers, toward the completion of their new home.  We are well into planning for our next project, converting what was a burned and vacant property in Nashua into new homes for two families.  We are delighted to be working with the City of Nashua on this important neighborhood improvement project.  And we have opened and are expanding the hours of our ReStore.  The ReStore provides quality used furnishings, household décor and home improvement items at terrific prices, and generates income for our homebuilding efforts.  If you haven’t been by the store at 352 Amherst Street in Nashua, please stop in.

                      With all of this activity ahead of us, we’re hoping to increase our volunteer corps, particularly those of you able to give us time every month – our core volunteers.  If you haven’t volunteered for a while, I hope you’ll make a little time in your schedule for us.  If you’re a regular, I hope you’ll encourage others to start working with Habitat.  We have volunteer positions available throughout our organization, and for most positions you don’t need experience, just a desire to help.

                      Again, my personal and heartfelt thanks to all of you,

      Bill Stoughton

      President, Greater Nashua Habitat for Humanity