Habitat for Humanity build - Thursday June 20th and Saturday June 22nd

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 17, 2013
      All:

      For those of you who like to paint - don't miss your chance to help us wrap up painting throughout. We'll continue work on our new Hudson home; this is indoor work.

      >> Thursday: Meet at site, 24 Adelaide Street, Hudson. Please bring lunches.

      >> Saturday: Meet at site, 24 Adelaide Street, Hudson. Please bring lunches.

      24 Adelaide Street, Hudson: Directions from Everett Turnpike Exit 6 -
      1. Start out going EAST on BROAD ST/RT-130 toward SPAR AVE. 0.9 mi
      2. Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto AMHERST ST/RT-101A. Continue to follow RT-101A E. RT-101A E is just past JONES CT. 0.9 mi
      3. Turn LEFT onto CANAL ST/RT-101A. Continue to follow RT-101A E. 1.0 mi
      4. RT-101A E becomes RT-111 E. 0.1 mi
      5. Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto CENTRAL ST. 0.5 mi
      6. Turn LEFT to stay on CENTRAL ST.CENTRAL ST is just past HURLEY ST. 0.2 mi
      7. Take the 1st LEFT onto ADELAIDE ST.
      8. 24 ADELAIDE ST is on the LEFT, at the corner with LIONS AVE.

      Volunteer work:
      > 24 Adelaide: Install bathroom vanity. Trim around attic pull-down access and inner bulkhead door. Finish closet shelves. Finish painting interior trim. Continue touching up exterior windows. Hang closet bifolds.
      > Looking for a volunteer to maintain / track tools, materials, etc.

      See as many of you as can make it, starting by 9:00. Please wear appropriate protective clothing.

      Completed since last Saturday:
      24 Adelaide, Hudson: Finished hanging interior doors. Finished painting interior walls and ceilings. Installed kitchen cabinets. Installed bathroom subfloor. Started closet shelves. Continued touching up exterior windows.
      10 Elmhurst, Nashua: Installed new bedroom jamb, door, and trim. Thanks to Bob and Don!

      Upcoming events:
      24 Adelaide Street, Hudson: Contractor to metal-wrap fascias. Contractors to do finish electrical and plumbing. Contractor to install kitchen countertop.
      Nashua: New small project - Need volunteer(s) to patch two plumbing leaks, replace one window pane.
      Other small projects being coordinated.
      4 and 6 July (2 weeks) - no construction planned over Independence Day holiday.

      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 23, 2013
        All:

        We'll continue work on our new Hudson home; this is mostly indoor work.

        >> Thursday: Meet at site, 24 Adelaide Street, Hudson. Please bring lunches.

        >> Saturday: Meet at site, 24 Adelaide Street, Hudson. Please bring lunches.

        24 Adelaide Street, Hudson: Directions from Everett Turnpike Exit 6 -
        1. Start out going EAST on BROAD ST/RT-130 toward SPAR AVE. 0.9 mi
        2. Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto AMHERST ST/RT-101A. Continue to follow RT-101A E. RT-101A E is just past JONES CT. 0.9 mi
        3. Turn LEFT onto CANAL ST/RT-101A. Continue to follow RT-101A E. 1.0 mi
        4. RT-101A E becomes RT-111 E. 0.1 mi
        5. Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto CENTRAL ST. 0.5 mi
        6. Turn LEFT to stay on CENTRAL ST.CENTRAL ST is just past HURLEY ST. 0.2 mi
        7. Take the 1st LEFT onto ADELAIDE ST.
        8. 24 ADELAIDE ST is on the LEFT, at the corner with LIONS AVE.

        Volunteer work:
        > 24 Adelaide: Trim around attic pull-down access. Finish painting interior trim. Paint bathroom vanity. Install medicine chest. Install kitchen range fan. Install flooring in bathroom. Continue touching up exterior windows.

        * * * Need chipper to clean up brush on the site * * *

        > Nashua: New small project - Need volunteer(s) to patch two plumbing leaks, replace one window pane.

        See as many of you as can make it, starting by 9:00. Please wear appropriate protective clothing.

        Completed since last Saturday:
        24 Adelaide, Hudson: Completed touching up interior trim. Prepped bedroom floors for carpet. Installed bathroom vanity. Completed installing closet shelves / rods. Measured for / ordered countertop. Insulated and trimmed inner bulkhead door. Continued touching up exterior windows, including prep for screens. Nearly complete with metal wrapping - thanks to Bob.
        10 Elmhurst, Nashua: Finished drywall work for new doorways. Job complete - thanks to Bob and Don!

        Upcoming events:
        24 Adelaide Street, Hudson: Install flooring and baseboards. Contractor to finish metal-wrap fascias. Contractors to do finish electrical and plumbing. Contractor to install kitchen countertop.
        Nashua: New small project - Need volunteer(s) to patch two plumbing leaks, replace one window pane.
        Other small projects being coordinated.
        4 and 6 July - no construction planned over Independence Day holiday.