Habitat for Humanity build - Thursday May 23rd and Saturday May 25th

    Message 1 of 1 , May 19, 2013

      We'll continue work on our new Hudson home; this is indoor work.

      >> Thursday: Meet at site, 24 Adelaide Street, Hudson. Please bring lunches.

      >> Saturday: No construction planned - in recognition of Memorial Day.

      24 Adelaide Street, Hudson: Directions from Everett Turnpike Exit 6 -
      1. Start out going EAST on BROAD ST/RT-130 toward SPAR AVE. 0.9 mi
      2. Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto AMHERST ST/RT-101A. Continue to follow RT-101A E. RT-101A E is just past JONES CT. 0.9 mi
      3. Turn LEFT onto CANAL ST/RT-101A. Continue to follow RT-101A E. 1.0 mi
      4. RT-101A E becomes RT-111 E. 0.1 mi
      5. Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto CENTRAL ST. 0.5 mi
      6. Turn LEFT to stay on CENTRAL ST.CENTRAL ST is just past HURLEY ST. 0.2 mi
      7. Take the 1st LEFT onto ADELAIDE ST.
      8. 24 ADELAIDE ST is on the LEFT, at the corner with LIONS AVE.

      Volunteer work:
      > 24 Adelaide: Start putting up trim - box windows / doors, then molding.
      > Looking for a volunteer to maintain / track tools, materials, etc.

      See as many of you as can make it, starting by 9:00. Please wear appropriate protective clothing.

      Completed since last Saturday:
      24 Adelaide, Hudson: Finish sanding / touching up mud. Covered windows and electrical boxes in preparation for spray-painting.

      Upcoming events:
      24 Adelaide Street, Hudson: Bob Hughes to spray-paint primer (planned Wednesday). Contractor to metal-wrap fascias. Home Depot to deliver interior doors. Trim (windows, doors, and baseboards). Paint walls throughout, then hang cabinets.
      New small project, Nashua: 2 volunteers will open up a bathroom doorway to facilitate access for handicapped child - thanks!
      Other small projects being coordinated.