Habitat for Humanity build - Thursday March 7th and Saturday March 9th

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2013

      We'll continue to support fit-up for our new ReStore being established at 352 Amherst Street, Nashua. This is (almost all) indoor work.

      >> Thursday: Meet at 352 Amherst Street, Nashua. Please bring lunches.

      >> Saturday: Meet at 352 Amherst Street, Nashua. Please bring lunches.

      Directions from Everett Turnpike Exit 7 -
      1. Start out going WEST on AMHERST ST/RT-101A. 1.0 mi
      2. 352 is on the LEFT via jug handle turn

      Volunteer work:
      > 352 Amherst: Continue prepping and painting, focusing on front end of store. Finish handicapped bathroom. Continue building display racks as needed.
      > Small project: Need 1- or 2-person team to open up a bathroom entrance for handicapped access - this is indoor work.
      > Looking for a volunteer to maintain / track tools, materials, etc.

      See as many of you as can make it, starting by 9:00. Please wear appropriate protective clothing.

      Completed since last Saturday:
      24 Adelaide Street, Hudson: Passed rough electrical inspection. Scheduled rough plumbing and framing inspections.
      352 Amherst Street, Nashua: Continued painting, finishing the office area and the partition backs. Finishing preparatory mudding of bathroom walls, continued sealing throughout. Finished the double window rack, and the second pedestal sink rack. Covered two furniture dollies to simplify product movement. Prepped and started enlarging the bathroom door for handicapped access.

      Upcoming events:
      24 Adelaide Street, Hudson: Rough plumbing and framing inspections. Contractor to metal-wrap fascias. Insulate after Town framing inspection.
      352 Amherst Street, Nashua: Support ReStore fit-up if/as needed.
      New small project, Nashua: Need 1-2 volunteers to open up a bathroom doorway to facilitate access for handicapped child (this would be indoor work).
      Other small projects being coordinated.