Habitat for Humanity build - Thursday December 6th and Saturday December 8th
We'll continue on our new Hudson home.
>> Thursday: Meet at 24 Adelaide Street, Hudson. Please bring lunches.Directions from Everett Turnpike Exit 6 -
>> Saturday: Meet at 24 Adelaide Street, Hudson. Please bring lunches.
1. Start out going EAST on BROAD ST/RT-130 toward SPAR AVE. 0.9 mi
2. Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto AMHERST ST/RT-101A. Continue to follow RT-101A E. RT-101A E is just past JONES CT. 0.9 mi
3. Turn LEFT onto CANAL ST/RT-101A. Continue to follow RT-101A E. 1.0 mi
4. RT-101A E becomes RT-111 E. 0.1 mi
5. Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto CENTRAL ST. 0.5 mi
6. Turn LEFT to stay on CENTRAL ST.CENTRAL ST is just past HURLEY ST. 0.2 mi
7. Take the 1st LEFT onto ADELAIDE ST.
8. 24 ADELAIDE ST is on the LEFT, at the corner with LIONS AVE.
> Exterior work, weather permitting: Finish last rows of siding, continue deck railings and stairs. Interior work, if poor weather: Support rough plumbing and electrical, sheath and hang interior door at bottom of bulkhead steps, build up attic floor joists for storage.* * * NOTE - still looking for help on these small projects:
> Looking for a volunteer to maintain / track tools, materials, etc
> Looking for 1-2 volunteers to open up a bathroom doorway to facilitate access for handicapped child (this is indoor work).Please help us finish outside work on the house before winter - see as many of you as can make it, starting by 9:00. Please do wear appropriate protective clothing.
> Also looking for 1 volunteer to insulate a pipe to keep it from freezing again this winter.
Completed since last Saturday:
24 Adelaide Street, Hudson: Soffits completed. Continued farmers porch railings, started balusters. Installed riser backs on basement stairs. Started insulation for interior door at bottom of basement steps. Continued rough plumbing and electrical. Family laid out kitchen cabinets.
24 Adelaide Street, Hudson: Contractors to continue rough plumbing and electrical in parallel. Insulate after Town framing inspection.
Other small projects being coordinated.