Habitat for Humanity build - Thursday November 15th and Saturday November 17th

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 12, 2012
      All:

      We'll continue on our new Hudson home.

      >> Thursday: Meet at 24 Adelaide Street, Hudson. Please bring lunches.

      >> Saturday: Meet at 24 Adelaide Street, Hudson. Lunch will be provided by Main Street Methodist - thanks!

      Directions from Everett Turnpike Exit 6 -
      1. Start out going EAST on BROAD ST/RT-130 toward SPAR AVE. 0.9 mi
      2. Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto AMHERST ST/RT-101A. Continue to follow RT-101A E. RT-101A E is just past JONES CT. 0.9 mi
      3. Turn LEFT onto CANAL ST/RT-101A. Continue to follow RT-101A E. 1.0 mi
      4. RT-101A E becomes RT-111 E. 0.1 mi
      5. Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto CENTRAL ST. 0.5 mi
      6. Turn LEFT to stay on CENTRAL ST.CENTRAL ST is just past HURLEY ST. 0.2 mi
      7. Take the 1st LEFT onto ADELAIDE ST.
      8. 24 ADELAIDE ST is on the LEFT, at the corner with LIONS AVE.

      Volunteer work:
      > Exterior work, weather permitting: Continue siding, including soffits. Interior work, if poor weather: Add backs to interior stairs. Sheath interior door at bottom of bulkhead steps (do not install until boiler is brought in). Hang ceiling over front porch. Build up attic floor joists for storage.
      > Looking for a volunteer to maintain / track tools, materials, etc

      * * * NOTE - still looking for help on these small projects:
      > Looking for 1-2 volunteers to open up a bathroom doorway to facilitate access for handicapped child (this is indoor work).
      > Also looking for 1 volunteer to insulate a pipe to keep it from freezing again this winter.

      * * * Also, if a volunteer could come by with a mower and mulch the leaves, that would be much appreciated.

      Please help us finish siding the house before winter - see as many of you as can make it, starting by 9:00. Please do wear appropriate protective clothing.

      Completed since last Saturday:
      24 Adelaide Street, Hudson: Continued vinyl siding, working all four sides. Replaced damaged window. Assembled interior stairs. Continued rough electrical.

      Upcoming events:
      24 Adelaide Street, Hudson: Gas line due in this week. Contractors to do rough plumbing and electrical, in parallel with siding. Build stairs and railings to both decks.
      No construction planned over Thanksgiving weekend.
      Other small projects being coordinated.