Habitat for Humanity build - Thursday October 4th and Saturday October 6th

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2012
      All:

      Long-range weather forecast looks OK for Thursday, and better for Saturday, so we'll continue framing our new Hudson home.

      >> Thursday: Meet at 24 Adelaide Street, Hudson. Please bring lunches.

      >> Saturday: Meet at 24 Adelaide Street, Hudson. Please bring lunches.

      Directions from Everett Turnpike Exit 6 -
      1. Start out going EAST on BROAD ST/RT-130 toward SPAR AVE. 0.9 mi
      2. Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto AMHERST ST/RT-101A. Continue to follow RT-101A E. RT-101A E is just past JONES CT. 0.9 mi
      3. Turn LEFT onto CANAL ST/RT-101A. Continue to follow RT-101A E. 1.0 mi
      4. RT-101A E becomes RT-111 E. 0.1 mi
      5. Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto CENTRAL ST. 0.5 mi
      6. Turn LEFT to stay on CENTRAL ST.CENTRAL ST is just past HURLEY ST. 0.2 mi
      7. Take the 1st LEFT onto ADELAIDE ST.
      8. 24 ADELAIDE ST is on the LEFT, at the corner with LIONS AVE.

      Volunteer work:
      > Continue installing exterior foam insulation. Install windows (repaired as needed) and exterior doors as blueboard insulation is completed. Time permitting, continue strapping interior ceilings.
      > Could use a separate volunteer to maintain / track tools, materials, etc. Limited lifting only.
      > * * NEW: Looking for 1-2 volunteers to open up a bathroom doorway to facilitate access for handicapped child (this is indoor work).

      See as many of you as can make it, starting by 9:00. Please wear appropriate protective clothing.

      Completed since last Saturday:
      24 Adelaide Street, Hudson: Fixed window rough openings. Trimmed roof sheathing, finished fascia / rakeboards / drip edge. Completed blueboard insulation on half the south wall. Continued strapping ceilings. Special thanks to Saturday's volunteer team from Anheuser-Busch. Today the roof was shingled - thanks to Constitution Contracting.

      Upcoming events:
      24 Adelaide Street, Hudson: Finish blueboard exterior insulation. Install windows/doors. After house closed up, contractors to pour basement floor, then do rough plumbing and electrical. Install bulkhead. Siding next. Time permitting, deck farmers porch and install side deck.
      Other small projects being coordinated.