Habitat for Humanity build - Thursday September 20th and Saturday September 22nd

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 17, 2012

      Long-range weather forecast looks acceptable, so we'll continue framing our new Hudson home.

      >> Thursday: Meet at 24 Adelaide Street, Hudson. Please bring lunches.

      >> Saturday: Meet at 24 Adelaide Street, Hudson. Please bring lunches.

      Directions from Everett Turnpike Exit 6 -
      1. Start out going EAST on BROAD ST/RT-130 toward SPAR AVE. 0.9 mi
      2. Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto AMHERST ST/RT-101A. Continue to follow RT-101A E. RT-101A E is just past JONES CT. 0.9 mi
      3. Turn LEFT onto CANAL ST/RT-101A. Continue to follow RT-101A E. 1.0 mi
      4. RT-101A E becomes RT-111 E. 0.1 mi
      5. Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto CENTRAL ST. 0.5 mi
      6. Turn LEFT to stay on CENTRAL ST.CENTRAL ST is just past HURLEY ST. 0.2 mi
      7. Take the 1st LEFT onto ADELAIDE ST.
      8. 24 ADELAIDE ST is on the LEFT, at the corner with LIONS AVE.

      Volunteer work:
      > Finish framing farmer's porch including trusses and sheathing. Finish fascia (both long walls). Continue installing exterior foam insulation. Strap interior ceilings.
      > Could use a separate volunteer to maintain / track tools, materials, etc. Limited lifting only.

      See as many of you as can make it, starting by 9:00. Please wear appropriate protective clothing.

      Completed since last Saturday:
      24 Adelaide Street, Hudson: Water and sewer trenched, connected, and backfilled. Framed farmer's porch up to roof trusses. Started fireproof fascia on south wall. Finished interior partitions.

      Upcoming events:
      24 Adelaide Street, Hudson: Contractor shingle roof. Install side deck.
      Other small projects being coordinated.