Habitat for Humanity build - Thursday August 9th and Saturday August 11th

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 6, 2012

      Long-range forecast looks like we should again get away with no worse than a few showers, so we will continue framing our new Hudson home.

      >> Thursday: Meet at 24 Adelaide Street, Hudson. Please bring lunches.

      >> Saturday: Meet at 24 Adelaide Street, Hudson. United Methodist Women will provide lunches - thanks!

      Directions from Everett Turnpike Exit 6 - 1. Start out going EAST on BROAD ST/RT-130 toward SPAR AVE. 0.9 mi 2. Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto AMHERST ST/RT-101A. Continue to follow RT-101A E. RT-101A E is just past JONES CT. 0.9 mi 3. Turn LEFT onto CANAL ST/RT-101A. Continue to follow RT-101A E. 1.0 mi 4. RT-101A E becomes RT-111 E. 0.1 mi 5. Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto CENTRAL ST. 0.5 mi 6. Turn LEFT to stay on CENTRAL ST.CENTRAL ST is just past HURLEY ST. 0.2 mi 7. Take the 1st LEFT onto ADELAIDE ST.
      8. 24 ADELAIDE ST is on the LEFT, at the corner with LIONS AVE.

      Volunteer work:
      > Line and square 4th and last exterior wall. Add doubled top plate, marking for roof trusses. Continue with farmer's porch.
      > Could use a separate volunteer to maintain / track tools, materials, etc. Limited lifting only.

      See as many of you as can make it, starting by 9:00. Please wear appropriate protective clothing.

      Completed since last Saturday:
      24 Adelaide Street, Hudson: Framed, sheathed, raised, and squared the east end wall - last of the exterior walls. Framed and raised most of the interior partitions.

      Upcoming events:
      24 Adelaide Street, Hudson: Finish framing farmer's porch. Install roof trusses (already on-site). Sheath roof. Trench for sewer and water. Finish interior partitions. Install side deck.
      86 Chestnut Street, Nashua (Nashua Soup Kitchen & Shelter): Repair rotted bathroom floor, replacing vanity, toilet, etc.
      Other small projects being coordinated.